Sunday, April 17, 2005

WE ARE OFFICIALLY OUT OF...

DEBT.

The checks are in the mailbox now and the little flag is up.

Mike and I have worked our asses of for a year to do this, and on Friday night, we went out to celebrate. We came home and wrote two checks, one for each credit card. Then, I wrote "arevaderchie debt" on a little sign and we took pictures of the checks, and then pictures with our faces by the checks.

We went out to dinner at a crab place (since shellfish is OK during the lenten fast) and tried our hardest to make it until midnight so we could drink. (Weekends, drinking is OK in the orthodox fast -- she writes, as she is slugging a beer down with 5 minutes until midnight). The place was so bizzare to me and I couldn't believe how freakish Mike and I looked to these people...and we're ONLY AN HOUR OUTSIDE OF THE CITY.
Middle aged women, with early 90's blonde layered cuts, "dancing" (finger snapping and all) to country blaring over the loudspeakers as Fatt Matt, with a nasal DJ voice, was trying to "rouse" the crowd. At 11:30, we couldn't stand it. We bought a six-pack and came home.

Then, we started dealing with the post I wrote yesterday. Mike called Colin...I blogged. And here's what we decided:

We are going to buy a house in West Philly this summer and live in it.

This is hard for me in some ways, but it is truly the best thing for Emmett and it makes teh most sense in terms of an investment. When we "make it", we'll buy in Bella Vista.

I can give up on LA becuase I love my friends, and they're all here (right now). I know Jessica is waivering and I understand her.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger ctf said...

YAY for no debt. That seems like an eternity away for me.

If I can help at all with packing and moving when it comes time, let me know. : )

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Love Hobo Chic said...

I was a little depressed last night thinking of you guys leaving. I am so nhappy that you are staying Phils.
Are you sure about West, how about South near broad I think It is actually cooler.

Anyway about the debt that is GRREAT ! (arrivederci)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>