Monday, April 18, 2005

The truth

of the matter is, if I let myself, I can get excited about Philly all over again. And it happened, during a conversation with Jessica where we realized that we are bringing ourselves down about this city and about moving back to LA. That when she's happy, I'm happier and vice versa. As soon as we started talking postively about Philadelphia, I started to get excited -- my heart started pounding -- just thinking about the fact that I'll be around people that I care about.

I love that it's a little clutzy and that there are underground scenes. I love that it's humble and livable. I love that it was once a progressive city. And I love what it's becoming and that I can have influence. Maybe a small pond is better in some ways. I love that I have such awesome friends and that I feel like I'm on the show Friends sometimes. I love that you guys will do weird things with me and will act goofy and will get philosophical one minute, then the next minute will sing opera with me in an elevator. I LOVE YOU. And when it comes down to it, that's what matters.

And as for West Philly, I realize that I don't know what that place is even like. My dim view of that area is from 20 years ago. I need to look at it for what it is now, and start over fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>