Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Emmett's busy life



Emmett continues to be an adorable, intelligent, giving child and I can't believe I had any part in producing him. Here's what we've been up to:

Friday: We hung out in the park most of the day with a neighbor Karin. Emmett made a friend there named Nicco and his mother and I are going to get together for a playdate. He is in love with his walker again and was very good about sharing. When Mike got home Friday night, we all went to Target to find a toy for Cooper's birthday. We also promised him a truck. We went (very carefully) through every aisle of the toys and he was having a hardtime deciding which toy to get. he finally decided on 8 trucks (in a package) and it seems he likes a plain white one the best. Emmett had a great time hanging out there. He was very interested in the entire store. We got Cooper a Superman cape that makes sounds when you move. (Like if you punch, it makes a "woosh" sound.)

Saturday: We went to a tree planting event in our neighborhood where they planted 70 trees. Emmett was very "into" helping and they even videotapped him for a documentary. He loves to dig and rake leaves. He's very into gardening and "helping". In these pictures, he was working with a little neighborhood girl named Lila. After that, I took him to Cooper's (his cousin) fourth birthday party at Making Music in Media. It was a pirate theme, and he was a little too little to get into the activities. The moms there were very mom-like and I felt drastically out of place. I felt like one of the moms was looking me up and down critically, but they were all basically nice. I probably shouldn't have worn my boots. Anyway, Emmett had a pretty good time. He adores his cousins.


Sunday: We went to church and Emmett gave his Nona a cookie for her birthday. My grandmother, Uncle etc. were there. The problem is, I am always in the bathroom with Emmett. He won't sit through the service at all adn they don't have childcare. It's ok. We came home, Emmett napped, and then Colin and Jessica took him out for 4 hours. (To dinner and the park). We went and picked him up around 9 and he was so happy to see us. But later, he started crying and hitting me which is something he does after I leave him for awhile. Mike and I got a massive amount acomplished while they had him.

Monday: We went to Playgroup in teh morning and Emmett wanted to walk with his walker (and not be in the stroller). This was fine, but he started gettting weird on the way there -- trying to go in the street, getting mad at his walker, demanding to push the stroller instead etc. I ended up forcing him into the stroller and he was flipping out. I was so embarassed. We got to Playgroup and he really played and was sort of interacting with the other kids. I was a real parent there -- talking to the other parents. We went to the park after that and played for a long time and came back and went to bed. Emmett was super hungry last night and ate 4 chicken legs and a piece and a half of pizza. It was insane. Mike took him to Home Depot after that and he came home and requested to sleep in my bed for awhile, so I let him. He kept touching my nose so I would move my head away really fast, and this cracked him up to no end. I love these moments in my bed because he is very snuggly. Finally, I told him it was time for bed and he happily went into his crib.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Ortensia Norton said...

Hi,
I just wanted you to know that I ran into your blog yesterday while searching the term "good mom" for my blog. I quickly scanned your blog and thought, I'll read it when I get more time but stopped at "My Struggle with TV...". It totally hit a cord with me b/c I have the same problem and have for over a year. Some days are great, other days are TV mania and I feel terrible. Today I thought I'd try harder to incorporate less TV in our lives. It was a struggle and will be for a while I think, but some how I can get to where I think we need to be. So thanks for your blog, it gave me the courage to try harder to not let the TV dominate a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>