Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Emmett's cutest day ever.

This morning, Emmett woke up and played in his crib for a little while. And when I went in to get him, he was (literally) hiding his face under a book, frozen so I wouldn't find him. I lifted the book off his face (at first a little afraid) and beneath it was his gigantic smile. He jumped up to get out and I put him in his favorite shirt. An orange shirt with a car decal on it.

I got him out of bed and gave him a banana. While I was taking care of somethings, he accidentally broke the top of his banana off and was wailing that he couldn't fix it. I explained that everyone breaks their banana. That that's just how people eat bananas. But he was inconsolable. I took him out of the high chair and told him it would be ok, rocking him. Then I asked him to put the banana on his tray (which he did) and when he wasn't looking, I took the shorter piece of it and hid it so it looked (sort of) like the banana was whole.

We had cerael and Emmett was doing an amazing job of feeding himself. I kept praising him for what a great job he was doing. Then, he wanted to tip the bowl and drink the milk from it. So I just let him do it. He's so good, and I used to do that too.

When I took him out of his high chair, he went over to the wall and spotted a hole in the wood.
He started saying "hole...hole" and I was so happy I hugged him and said "yes! Hole". He pointed at it a few more times and said "Hole, Hole" and I said yes. Then he pointed to my head and said "Hole".

We decided to go out play and of course hide and seek came up first. Emmett hid under the table and as usual, I "accidentally tripped" over him. But this time (and this is something that's been happening a lot lately), he wanted me to come under with him. He tugged on my shirt until I fit under the table too. And we just sat there. Yesterday, we sat in the closet twice. Then I was like "Should we get out now" and he was like "Ta" for yes.

It was then time to read, and the second book he choose was an adult book to teach toddlers how to potty train. We went into the bathroom adn sat on the floor while I showed him pictures and tried to explain "potty' to him, pointing at the toilets and his toilet and showing him the pictures, making sounds etc. All he wanted to do was point out the cars in the book (which believe it or not, there were some). you'd be amazed at how many cars are featured everywhere. I never noticed before Emmett.

We swung for awhile and I again "hid behind the baby tree" and popped out to swing him and then we tried to throw the ball up into a different tree's branches. We decided to go for a walk.

On our walk, we began by stepping in puddles and I showed him our reflection. Then, he wanted to touch the puddle, but I drew the line there. We walked a little further and Emmett quicklly decided I should carry him. As we were walking, we ran into a sculpter that has a studio in an old church down the street,and I made plans to connect with him. The conversation was long, and Emmett put his head on my shoulder several times, pointing at the path of our walk.

We came home, and now he's in his crib, preparing for sleep by kicking the side of his crib.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>