Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Emmett got his first shower.




So, yeah.
And it was not easy or fun.

My cousin suggested that I bring Emmett into the shower with me. I felt a little weird about it, but my sink (emmett's usual bathtub) is dirty and I decided I should try it. So in we went and it was hellish.

In the beginning, I was actually trying to take a shower myself and leave the water on. This didn't work becuase the soap would drip off me and go right into Emmett's eyes. So then, I used the spray hose and shut it off to wash myself and then used it for him. By the end, I hurredily washed off and then sat Emmett on the floor of the shower to wash him. He thought it was a tiny bit fun when I brought in his foam soap, but I would say that overall, he hated it. If I try it again, here's what I will do.

1. I will not get my own shower with him. I think that's weird anyway, but did it becuase my cousin suggested it. It is totally impossible.

2. I will stand outside the shower and just wash him.

3. I will have a bowl to use in addition to the shower hose.

4. I will try to make it more fun (put waterproof things in the shower etc.) for him.

Last note. This photos was almost impossible to get. I had to try everything to make him look at the camera. I have several shots where he is busily trying to figure out what adult soap is...and not looking at the camera.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

well, at least it's a stinkin' adorable photo of Em.
maybe it would work better in a bigger shower-- ie, one that's in a bathtub?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>