Friday, July 29, 2005

Emmett said a bunch of new words

Today was another normal, kind of uneventful day. Emmett woke up, played in his crib for awhile, and then Ana came over and played with him a little bit. We got all excited about the idea of buying another building near where we bought our house and putting a cafe (tenatively called 'Anakin" there.

Emmett took a nap and when he woke up, I brought him over to my mom's house. My grandmother was there and I brought one of Emmett's favorite books; a word book my mom gave him. It has pictures of items and I always say "Where's the ______" and he points to it. (Incidenatlly, his other favorite books are also this type. I bought them for him the other day. One is a general picture book. The other is all about Things that Go)

ANYWAY, he sort of said a few words -- Knife, Hammer and a few others. I could barely believe it. Lately, he's into spinning around to show he's excited. He also purposely falls on his butt as hard as he can.

He's still OBSESSED with cars. Any book we read, he points out the cars the entire time. When Mike is on his way home, Emmett likes to go out and wait so he can "sit in the front seat" as Mike drives up the alley. It's extremely cute.

He also loves to dance. Tonight I put on Regina Specktor and he immediately started swaying. We totally encourage it and I saied "Keep dancing Emmett!" and he danced even more robustly.

I'm amazed at how much more I love him every day. I just wish I didn't feel so inadequate. He is such an amazing child and I wish I were able to cherish every second I have with him. I know this period is short. I just don't know how to fully appreciate it.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

I think you DO fully appreciate this time! But I understand why you think you don't. When things feel really important, there's this desperation to make sure you are really drinking in the experience, b/c you know it won't happen again. I used to feel that way when I would visit certain countries I knew I'd never come back to for the rest of my life-- and I know the feeling I had then was only a fraction of what you must feel about Em.

p.s. I Love, love, love Regina Spektor. If she comes back to Philly, we should go see her (and bring Emmett)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>