Tuesday, May 10, 2005

About Emmett

That's what this blog started out as, and that's what I want it to return to. I was so sad when I read very old posts, realizing that I can't get back the time that I didn't write about him. My stupid feelings are not nearly as important to me as Emmett. So that's what this is going to return to, as much as I can.

Today, Meredith came over with her son Owen. I have a playdate with the two of them once a week and that's been good for Emmett, since I stopped going to the gym when I started working so much for the company. We played and they got along pretty well. We went outside and they ran around in the yard, each of them clinging onto a round ball like it was a pregnant belly. They were running around.

Emmett was so cute today and made the cutest little sounds. As Jessica described, they're like little bird sounds -- little squawks.

He conintues to say 2 very clear words: CAR and THIS. Car, comes out at random times. Sometimes a car will simply pass by and he'll blurt it out. THIS means several things including "What does this mean?" Somtimes he says "DA" for Dad and "Ga" for everything he doesn't know. We think he may have said "Cookie" and "Book".

My parents and sister left for Greece yesterday and we're taking care of their house. It occurred to me that when they get back, Emmett will probably be able to put two words together in the beginning of a sentence.

Anyway, today when we went over there, we discovered that their cat had peed on the floor. (Persia has a problem with this). So, I got out some baking soda and spread it around on the floor. And Emmett, stuttering "ahhhs" with his arms thrown up, was reaching for the box of baking soda...and when I gave it to him, he was in HEAVEN throwing that powder all over the place.

Tonight at dinner, we had mussels and seafood with angelhair pasta. Emmett didn't want any, but then when he saw the mussles, he wanted to suck on the shell. We let him do it, and then I tried something. I cut up the muscle and put it inside the shell and gave it to him.

He was tricked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>