Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My Ani DiFranco Tour.

It took me 3 hours to get home from the Ani DiFranco show last night. It was at the Keswick in that Willow Grove area and somehow, I managed to drive to Reading, get directions, and drive further toward Harrisburg. I got home at 2AM and stayed up until 3 helping Mike with a project.

This is the project he was working on.
I'm exahusted. Thank God, Emmett is too.

Seeing her play was a euphoric and annoying experience, at the same time. As soon as Jessica and I got to the show, we both felt embarrassed of the crowd. It was about 60 percent lesbian and 30% "modern hippie". By default, we looked "together". When I bought her a beer to "thank her" for getting me in with her press pass, I felt suddenly like the "man" in the relationship and felt the need to loudly explain why I was treating to the woman selling the beer. "No Jessica...Let me pay since you were able to get me in free with your press pass".

Ani was as usual, somewhat condescending to her fans. Like as if, we weren't getting her. Like irritated that the fans clung onto and supported every word. Jessica and I agreed that this would be hard and annoying and that her fans truly are extremely annoying.

Speaking of beer, as I finished the second to the last gulp of my second, I suddenly realized...what am I doing? It's still lent. I can only drink on the weekends. But I knew God understood because I honestly forgot...plus, it's been 7 weeks of a vegan diet wtih the occassional shell fish thrown in. I think he knows I'm trying.

At the end, we talked to Hammel on Trial for awhile, who is likeable and edgey with Green Day eyebrows, a Jack Nicholson confidence, a Johnny Knoxville cockiness and Yoda ears. He looks at times, almost demonic, but there is something instantly likable and attractive about him. His new album is called "For parents who enjoy drugs" and I get the "spirit" of the album (although it did make me wonder if he was on coke). We talked about how being cool parents, there are very few clothing options, and we compared our "finds".

Sorry for this boring blog. I'm exhausted and avoiding work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>