Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The most frequently played

albums in our house right now are these:

Sufian Stevens - Swan One
Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
Killers - Hott Fuss
Radiohead - OK Computer


Mike was trying to play the modern lovers last night, and I got irritated. I wanted to hear "Bright Eyes" from the Killers again, a song I listen to at least 5 times a day.

Yesterday felt exciting to me. The weather was beautiful, I felt great and the following happened:

1. I got something fun in the mail: It was a DVD from "Romance Tours of Europe" and it featured an "overview" of how this company sets men up with an open several day reception wiht 600 beautiful Russian women. They carefully screen all applicants, and choose only the best. These women want to get married. It's totally fascinating.

2. I sent the movie to some fun places: Although in reality, I'm on to other things, I am wrote to the guy from "Improv Everywhere" who was recently featured on NPR and told him that I think we are in the same mindset and I asked him if he'd be interested in connecting. (He is) I also got a response from The Weekly, and sent them a copy. Plus, a TV show is looking for short reality skits, so I sent it to them.

3. Tonight we have a meeting:It's to discuss a fair trade idea Mike and I have had for several years. The person we're meeting with lives between here and China and is interesetd in the same thing.

4. My friend may make his warehouse into a TV studio: And he seems intereseted in working with our group. He has an idea to make a bunch of "weekend pilots", banging out ideas and sending them to networks. I think it's a great idea.

5. I got an email from an old boyfriend yesterday: And it's the one I miss the most. I feel toward him like family and I wish so much he could be a part of my life now. Mike was comforting me, becuase I wrote him a long email and he didn't write back. How do I have such a great husband that understands me?

Life feels free to me right now. And I'm loving the new look of my blog. I realize I hated the old one -- style wise. It reminided me of an old couch I'd see at a yardsale. One that's been in the garage, with leaves in between the cushions.

3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger ctf said...

I agree with you...I really like the new look of your blog. It seems more user friendly too for some reason.

I've been listening to The Killers and Sufjan a lot too. I've listened to Greetings from Michigan more than Seven Swans.

There are two guys from my past that I have been obsessively googling lately trying to find them. I am about ready to call the one guys mom. There is something about bringing those people you care about into your new world. It seems necessary to me. (Neither of them are guys I want renewed romantic involvement with...just to be in touch)

I'm really excited about all the new things happening for you in the creative realm.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger ctf said...

Oops, I was mistaken...Seven Swans IS the one I've been listening to more. I really like "In the Devil's Territory"

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Love Hobo Chic said...

I am very impressed, inspired, in awe and I know you can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>