Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My mom's birthday lunch at Perkins

This morning started out normally. Emmett played in his crib for about an hour, then I took him over to my mom's and she gave him flowers we picked outside (she loved it). We played cars there for awhile, came back, and he watched a Veggie Tales video while I got dressed.

Right before it was time to go, emmett purposely dumped over a pile of papers and I demanded that he put them back. He got upset and was crying and I hugged him and explained that he needed to put them away. He didn't want to, and threw a temper tantrum, at the same time crying becuase he didn't want me to be mad at him. (which I wasn't and I wasn't acting like). I told him that we couldn't go until he put them away. Finally, I put him on my knee again -- I'd tried this several times--and together we put the papers away.

At Perkins, he was an angel as usual. My mom had a nice birthday breakfast and Emmett didn't eat his waffle, but was acting cute the whole time.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

you are such a good mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>