Thursday, July 28, 2005

Emmett hates shopping

We went to the King of Prussia mall yesterday and Emmett ONLY enjoyed hiding from me under the big racks of sale clothing. We were shopping for a dress for Ana and Emmett was busily playing hide and seek. It was impossible to shop for myself.

Mike met us there and Emmett was happy to see him, but was so rammy from being in the store, that he wasn't as excited as he may otherwise have been.

We were there for about 3 hours and at about 2:15 (several hours PAST his naptime) he and I left. We were driving in Ana's unairconditioned car and he fell asleep immediately but was sweating profusely and was bothered by the highway sounds (I had to have the windows open).

I adjusted the rear view mirror on "night mode", so I was watching him and seeing the cars in a nightview reflection. It was just a matter of refocusing my eyes. My heart was saddened by seeing this. He'd missed his naptime, he still had food on his face and he looked so uncomfortable.

When we got home, he couldn't sleep. It's so cool in here becuase of central air and I almost wondered if he had heat exhaustion in the car. We watched TV a little that night (he likes old movies, I think becuase they're slower). We watched a part of a Clint Eastwood movie (Two Mules for Sister Sarah) and during the war scenes I would try to change the channel, and he got upset at one point wanting me to put it back. Then we watched the beginning of The Great Escape, but Emmett was ramey and I knew he was tired.

I put him (protesting) to bed. He cried for about 30 seconds and when I went in 10 minutes later to check on him (since I promised him I would), he was snoring.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

Where's this "rammy" word come from? C uses it also and I've never heard it before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>