Friday, August 12, 2005

Emmett and I were swinging


So, today, Emmett woke up and played in his crib for awhile. Then we got up and I dressed him in this adorable red and grey outfit. He looked incredibly cute. He wanted to go outside, so we went to my mom's house for a little bit and Ana came down and offered to take him to Wawa to get a banana. I got him into his carseat and when they drove away, Emmett was crying which made me sad and happy at the same time. Sad that he was crying, but happy that he cared that I wasn't coming. It's a weird thing as a mom. To realize your child actually prefers you and wants your attention and wants you to hold him.

They came back and we had breakfast and I cut his hair while he was eating. Ana told me when to stop...that I was heading for the bowl cut I seem to accidentally give him. So I was very conserative.

I wish Emmett could shake this cold. He's had it for about a week -- ever since Audrey came to visit. He is always kind of mucassy.

After that, I took him out on the swing and swung him up and down and side to side. he was tired (from not napping yesterday) so I took him in and read him Rudulph the Red Nose Reindeer (he loves that book) and put him to sleep.

New things he's learned:
• He was playing with these action figures (that are like warlords or something) and he was pointing at each of them and saying something. I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I realized he was saying "hat" "hat". I hugged him and told him Yes! Hat!

• Today I taught him "Peek-a-boo" and he thought it was kind of funny.

• He likes to play alone in his crib in the morning. We got into this routine where he plays (and I guess wakes up) for about an hour.

• He seems to make this very strange face for the camera now. A squinty smile. (see pictures below).

• Emmett is just an incredibly easy child. He listens...he does what he's told...he doesn't have many demands. I think he just wants everyone to be happy.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger bronxbt said...

you are a stunningly gorgeous woman, and an outstanding mother from the looks of it. Congratulations for filling a role most women today feel they're entitled to, or just carelessly throw away.

Your writing and comments on your blog are touching, and show the world that your efforts are paying off.

enjoy your day! - B

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something wonderful is about to happen...

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

you ARE a stunningly gorgeous woman,and a great mom too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>