Saturday, April 03, 2004

Emmett eats cerael!

It's true. All of the sudden, Emmett has grown up. Mike and I are still shocked by how, in the course of a week, Emmett has gone from finger puppets and goo goo to learning toys and solids. Of course, Mike and I are entirely to blame. He has been complaining about our treatment of him for awhile (sheer bordem which he communicated by crying). Now, Emmett is living joy.

A few days ago, I got him some rice cerael and a sippy cup. We tried the sippy cup and he did OK with us holding it. About 1/2 of the water made it into his mouth. And then, with the Mike rolling the video tape and my mom holding him, we tried cerael mixed with a little bit of breastmilk for the very first time ever. All I can say is...HE LOVED IT! He made "waaaa aaaa" (not crying) sounds and stared at the spoon. Literally, I couldn't get it onto the spoon fast enough for him. It was insane.

Since that time, I have given him cerael 2 other times. Then, my mom informed me that rice holds water and she's afraid he'll be constipated. I was like GREAT. He hasn't gone since.



Posted by: Elisabeth / 8:15 AM

/body>