Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Mike is fixing the vacuum.

And I wonder why vacuum is spelled in such a stupid way.

Today was a pretty August day, but it wasn't warm enough for Emmett to go in his pool. I had the water out all day, but the sun wasn't hot enough to warm it up.

It seems like days are blurring into days...like there's no beginning or end to anything. I am exhausted being in the country. Minor activitie are SUCH a big deal, that by the time I'm finished I'm tired.

I miss a few of my old friends. No matter what awful people they were, both of them filled a part of my life that can't be filled by anyone else. The girl was a manipulative, compettitive, exhilleratingly daring part of my life -- and although I'm better off without her, I miss her. The guy was a metally-plagued, prideful, defensive fighter who talked incessantly about himself -- and I'm better off without him too, but I miss him as well.

I marvel at people that have easy relationships with everyone. I have easy relationships with the blog readers, but outside of that, I attract unstable and imbalanced people.

We watched School of Rock the night before last, and that was an AWESOME FILM. Who in the world knew? It was the kind of film that was the perfect snack...Like cheese, sourdough crackers and chocolate. Just enough of everything.

Jessica got a job in Allentown as you all know. And I am so, so excited. Big changes are happening and I'm exctied for the next chapter to begin. I got some more freelance work, so that's cool.

Our Boring Life --10:16- 10:43

Mike just finished eating hamburger helper that he made for his lunch.

e-How was it
m-It was OK. are you writing about that in your blog?
e- No
m-Why don't you put that in?
e-Because it's boring.
(I'm a liar)

Mike put his feet up on the table and is petting the cat.

m-Would you like fruit or something?
e-Yes
m-It's in the fridge?
e-Yes. There's strawberries, but they're not too sweet. They're all cut up and everything.
m-That's fine with me.

Exit Mike to get strawberries. He says something I can't hear.

e-WHAT?
m-They're not cut up. Do you want me to cut them up?
e-I cut the things out of them
m-Yeah

Sound of clanking in the kitchen. E scratches her ear. Microwave is on. E yells to Mike in kitchen.

e-What are you microwaving?
m-(inaudible mumbling)
e-What?
m-Honey.
m-Why?
e-Just wondering

elapse 3 minutes

e-Mike, what's the date?
m-(inaudible)
e-Huh?
m-the 11th
e-and the time
m-9:35

elapse 2 minutes

m-Here, pick which you want. (handing strawberries in a pretty cup with honey)
e-I don't care. Whichever.
m-Here. This one has more honey. YOu can have it.
e- Yum. It's good.
m-What?
e-It tastes good. The strawberries.

_________________________________________________
This is so boring I can't even write anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>