Tuesday, August 03, 2004

A Deal for Wayne.

How about this idea.

You click on the link and tell me the three differences in that picture and I'll care about politics in this blog entry. That sounds like an even exchage to me.

I am so, so cynical about politics and reading Wayne's blog is the primary source of political info I'm exposed to. As the three of you know, my parents are extreme right wingers and are IN LOVE with GWB or any Republican president there could ever be. Why they love a party that is for the rich when they're not rich, I'll never get. Why you three readers you love a party that's all about government control, I'll never get. As to why anyone thinks the party differences will make any change to the big stuff...it has to be idealism.

I have never had a political identity. I never "got it". I feel like our generation is so focused on being "ourselves" and thinking independently, I don't understand how anyone can fully agree with anyone -- politically, religiously or socially.

I find MAJOR flaws with both parties and both canidates. And do I think there's a real difference between the two canidates? Not really. Kerry is supportive of the war. So's Bush. That's all I need to know.

I am completely apathetic because I believe in the whole aluminati (sp) concept and I think it's in big business. I feel like democracy is a hoax (why don't we have a direct electorial system?). I believe that if you're a good man you:

1. Could not get into politics and win an election
2. If you did, you'd be killed (like JFK).

I have decided to worry about things on an individual level. Instead of fretting, debating and worrying about which president is going to do more about poverty, I spend my energy thinking about what I can do and doing it myself. Instead of aganozing over which president is going to stop this war or wondering if Kerry would have gone to war (which he probably would have since he's so gung-ho on the war now), I'd rather involve myself in issues that I can change.

Things I don't believe work:

1. Writing letters to the President.
2. Protesting
3. Democracy

I'm not criticizing you guys. I'm just not on board. Maybe it's because I'm a control freak and I think we're kinda like sheep. See unlike you guys, I think we live in a dictatorship, more or less. The government does what it wants to do and our opinions don't matter. Modern revolutions don't even seem to work anymore -- but is the one place there may be hope.

Maybe it's a reaction against my parents extremeism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>