Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Emmett talks. For real.


It's not just a little bit.
It's about everything. Every day, he talks about everything and I struggle to understand what he's saying. How in the world do I have this amazing child?

He is an adult's dream baby. I'm not just saying this either. He's patient, obediant and peaceful. He loves adults. He has preferences. He can go from crying to laughing in a second flat.

Here's what's happening.

The whole tooth brushing thing is becoming a problem. I used to have him on a schedule (once a day), butlately, I keep forgetting. In addition, I only give him baths like 2x a week. When he's in there, he loves it. When I tell him he's going to get one, he starts crying. I have to get more regular about this.

In the meantime, this new job in Baltimore knows about Emmett and they keep saying I can bring him up with me to meetings etc. I keep saying no (of course), but it is WONDERFUL that they know I have a first priority. It feels totally freeing.

Here's what I've observed about Emmett:
1. He adores his cousin Isaac like no other.
2. He nods a lot.
3. He cannot stand his sleeves being up.
4. He is a very, very slow eater.

My struggle today is this:

He woke up this morning and I told him he'd be spending the day with his nanny and he said "No. Mommy." and I said "You'll play with today" and he said "No. Play Mommy". I feel terrible already. Any ounce of work I do makes me feel slightly guilty.

I also need to figure out better eating for him. He gets a Flinstones Kids vitamin everyday to offset my pathetic cooking skills.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

he's a total chatterbox. and totally adorable.
A lot of moms would have their kid in daycare already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>