Wednesday, October 27, 2004

If I had to pick one food

it would probably be cerael or bread. Both of which I eat as any meal. If I'm running out the door late...I grab 2 pieces of plain bread. If I'm hungry for dinner, it's frosted mini wheats for me. For some reason, I never get sick of them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jessica. She is 32 and smoking like dry ice in a pumpkin. Tonight, she is coming out for dinner and drinks. I'm excited.

My client has a lot more work for me. At the same time, Comcast wants me to go in for a week. I want to get back into Comcast. I miss my friend Jeff. I like the head of the department (Sandy) and the work is easy for me.

I was at the gym last week and met with a personal trainer, and the strangest thing happened to me. It's something that happens often, and I'm not sure why.

As loyal blog readers know, I don't wear my wedding rings anymore becuaes they got stuck on my ring finger. I've tried to wear them since, but everytime I put them back on, my fingers swell. This is a problem with my young male dentist, who has no idea that I'm married, and is very sweet to me. It's now a problem with this personal trainer at the gym. But unlike my dentist, I TOLD the personal trainer that I had a son....but (like the dentist) I was saying things like "when I moved back from L.A." etc. etc. And then it felt weird becuase then it looked like I was covering something by not saying 'We". I'm thinking in my head "What am I doing. It's not even like I'm remotely attracted to this guy. Why am I almost acting chicken about being married." Then I realized something.

As a woman, I have DEPENDED on my femaleness for special male treatment my whole life. Without even realizing it, I was protecting this treatment by not indulging that I was married. ( This was all subconsious). And I DID get special treatment. And in the end, he wanted me to set up another appointment with him for a part of my routine.

It is SO hard to give up being treated specially for being female. But I will be more concious of this in the future.

More on this later. I have to go to the chiropractor.
Posted by:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>