Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Alone Time

One of my favorite ways to spend time with people that I love is to simply sit in the same room with them, each of us doing our own separate thing. There is something nice about being physically around another person, and just letting that be enough. In some ways, this kind of interaction is more intimate for me than talking. It shows a level of comfort I have with few. Being able to feel so relaxed around the person that I'm not worried about entertaining or talking. Both of us "producing" or "doing" and randomly commenting to one another as a break or to "run something by" or to share a quick thought.

It's alowing someone else into your alone time. Someone that's so close to you, that sharing thatspace with them is OK.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

--------------------------------------
Gravatar Yes...that is exactly what I want. I don't need much...just to know someone is there that "gets me".
stacey | 01.20.05 - 9:29 pm | #

The ability to be silent with someone is a sign of intimacy.
Colin | 01.21.05 - 10:55 am | #

mmhmm, that is a nice thing. Also nice to be able to do that on long car rides.
Jess | 01.21.05 - 5:21 pm | #

great, when i learn how to knit, we can hang. i am serious.
chris | 01.21.05 - 6:58 pm | #

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>