Monday, April 05, 2004

He pooped then slept 5 hours.

Finally, today Emmett pooped.It has been about a week and I was going to call the doctor today if he didn't, but I'm happy to report that he did. And several times. It was disgusting but a big relief.

Mike woke up with him today and they came in and woke me up at around 10. I was busy dreaming about Survivor and being on it. This is a usual dream that I have almost every night. They woke me up and Emmett was so happy to see me. He smiled then he started to cry to let me know just how hungry he was.

I nursed him and put him down to play with his kick-n-play piano for awhile (and didn't even demand that I be there with him). Then, he went again. It was a lot of effort on his part, I could see that. I changed 2 diapers in about 10 minutes. (they weren't both full). But after that, I felt like he was tired so I put him in his swing for a rest.

He slept for 2 hours. I couldn't believe how much I was getting done. Then he woke up. I went in and put his chompy back in and said "Emmett, I'm going to put your swing back on and just finish my e-mail. Then I'll come and get you". I put his swing music back on, went in and finished my e-mail, I went back in and he was asleep! I could hardly believe it. He slept about 2 1/2 more hours. It was insane.

At about 5:00, he woke up and once again, let me know loud and clear that he was hungry and it simply could not wait. I hurredly finished changing his diaper, and fed him. Then, we played for awhile but he quickly became over stimulated in the stationary walker thing (which should be called "overstimulation"), so I took him out and put him near a window with very boring landscape and told him that I wanted him to look at something boring so that he would not be so overwhelmed. Being that he is perfect, he did what I told him and got into a happy mood again.

We played with him gently, I nursed him and then we fed him cerael and he loved it as much as he always does. Mike took him from there, and by 9:30 he was in bed. (That's kind of late for him. But since he slept so much, I figured that it was OK).

Emmett's hair is growing back in I'm happy to report. He was losing it for awhile and had these little bald patches and Mike and I were bummed. He is so cute and the bald patches weren't. But his hair is coming in really, really dark. He looks like me and he looks like my dad when we were babies.

Tonight, when Mike put him down, he resisted in such a cute way. He was pulling the blankets over his face and rubbing his eyes at the same time. Mike kept wanting me to come in to "see the resistance".

I found out something interesting today. People are actually reading this blog. I find that to be amazing because I feel it's very "inside". Here are some of the comments I received from friends:

Note From Jessica

Elis- I just read your blog, from the bottom up. I want to say a couple
things. First, I wish you didn't feel that pressure sometimes to still "be
cool" and be a mom. Your personality is what makes you cool, not what you do
or the music you listen to.Your observations about Emmett are just as
interesting as your observations about everything else, b/c it is your mind
and the way you see things and describe things that makes you so much fun.
People who are boring mothers were boring before they were mothers. You
couldn't possibly ever by boring.

I was also thinking that knowing I am reading this might make you restrict
what you say and I don't want that, so if you would rather I don't read it,
I wont'. I will not be offended at all. It feels a little like reading your
diary, and while I am priveleged that you trust me to read it, I don't want
to take away from what you can get out of it.
But I do love reading it and knowing what you are going through. Please know
that I NEVER get tired of hearing about Emmett. I love him and want to know
about him, and I love you and want to know about such an important part of
your life.
JJ

Note From Wayne

Elisabeth,
Have you noticed that the blogspot ad at the top of each blog matches
what the subject is for your blog? I was reading your this morning (try
mushing up bananas in his cereal or make him a banana milk smoothee,
that yo baby yogurt works too) and saw that there was an ad for
constipation remedies and baby toys (not purchased together I hope).
Anyway, you are doing a pretty spectacular job with Emmett and you
should cut yourself some slack sometimes, I have seen a lot worse and
not much better. Thanks again for having me down last week. Hopefully
Nate and I can come and hang out soon. Too bad you guys won't get to see
the house that I owned , it was pretty nice to have for the short time I
lived here.

take care,
Wayne

Those are such nice things to receive. I find it amazing that anyone would want to read through this. My blog is written as a journal I plan to give to Emmett someday. I'm not sure when. It would be so cool if I could keep it going until he got married and present it to him on his wedding day. His wife would think I was insane.
Posted by: Elisabeth / 9:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>