Saturday, June 05, 2004

That girl from Zipperhead.

Saturday, June 05, 2004
That girl from Zipperhead.
Somethings make me feel young. My hair being dark makes me feel young. The fact that I can work out for 30 minutes without breathing heavy makes me feel young. The fact that guys still look at me makes me feel young. The fact that I don't have vericrose veins makes me feel young. The fact that a Bush is still in office makes me feel young.

So does the girl from Zipperhead.

I saw her last night in Spaceboy which used to be the other half of Zipperhead (a punkrock shop on South Street). She has worked at Zipperhead for at least 8 years and I swear, the girl is not aging or changing. It's unbelievable.

She has brown and red streaked hair in two braids on eaitehr side. She wears a ton of punkish makeup and England punk style clothing (plaids, Creepers, fishnets etc.). She has lots of ear piercings and I swear SHE IS NOT AGING.

The other thing this girl makes me feel is amazed at how much I have changed. While she has been doing the London Punk thing, I've done the 70's hardcore, the 70's softcore, business casual, jeans and t-shirts, and now the "trying to be a cool mom" look. But rather than thinking it's cool, in some ways I think...don't you want to grow up?

Poor Emmett is dying for my attention. I just wanted to write this while I was thinking about it.

10-4 over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>