Saturday, April 24, 2004

The corkless wine.

It has this whole tag to disclaim the fact that its corkless — in fact, on the tag it has a little picture of a cork with an no-smoking slash through it. But you know what. Here is a GREAT bottle of wine. It's called (Hang on, and I'll run in and find out) Ca Del Solo (Big House Wine). It's from California and I think it's funny how they act like it's all Spanish. Anyway, today, after finding out that I am not pregnant, Mike and I decided to celebrate. He is making Pastisio (Greek dish) and we are drinking wine adn I can't remember how long it's been since I've drank enough to actually feel it.

Yeah. So, I thought I was pregnant. There wasn't much of a chance, but I'm very paranoid and so is Mike. I've been tired lately so we got scared. I bought a pregnancy test and tested and one line! I hugged Emmett (and Mike who was holding Emmett) and said "hooray!". Then I kissed Emmett on the cheek and said something to the effect of "Congratulations Emmett! You'll be the center of my world for several more years!" and here's the crazy part. For some reason, Mike said "For another year Elisabeth". I was thinking like wow. We did not discuss this. We are both OVERJOYED. So overjoyed, I called Mike's mom and told her I was not pregnant and how happy I was! This is pathetic. At this point I'm confiding in my mom and Mike's mom about my pregnancy fears.

So we're so happy and we're drinking up a storm to celebrate. We watched A.I. (American Idol) and couldn't believe the results. I called Wayne who I thought was EAGERLY watching along, but he wasn't and was not into it at all. (I write this as I know Wayne is one of the people that follow my blog). I have welcomed Wayne into Mike's friend circle because TRUELY, he is fun and cool and just the type I like to have around. I will do my best to help him find a match that meets my very high standards (and they are kinda high for women).

So, I just wanted to jot this down. I think I will not always write letters to Emmett. Maybe sometimes I will just write about what's happening. I'm not sure. All I know is that I should go get Mike off the phone and make him watch TV with me which is one of my favorite things to do with him. I overreact to everything and he loves it.

Bye for now.

/body>